One of my favorite things about summer is all the fresh fruit that’s in season!
You can literally get all the colors of the rainbow in this delicious fruit salad!
Strawberries, clementines, pineapple, kiwi, blueberries, red grapes, and bananas! The only other ingredient is fresh lime juice to keep the bananas from turning brown.
Now while I prefer to use all fresh fruits, it gives the best flavor and texture, but you can substitute canned fruits as well.
I also like to serve it with a side fresh homemade whip cream.
Additionally, you can chop and prepare all your fruits in the morning or the night before, and just save the bananas for right before serving.
Rainbow Summer Fruit Salad
- 1 16 oz Strawberries, quartered
- 1 16 oz Fresh Pre-Cut Pineapple from deli section
- 2 C Fresh Blueberries
- 2 C Red Grapes, halved
- 6 Kiwis, peeled and quartered
- 6 Mandarins (cuties), peeled and separated
- 3 Bananas, peeled and sliced Toss in lime juice and add prior to serving
- 2 limes, juice or 2-3 T bottled lime juice
Prepare all fruits, toss in a large bowl and set aside til ready to serve. Prior to serving, slice bananas and toss in lime juice before adding to salad. May also serve with homemade whipped cream. Whipped cream: 1 pint heavy whipping cream for every 3/4 C powdered sugar, mix til soft peaks form. Store in fridge for 1-2 days.