Have you ever had a Shamrock Shake from McDonald’s? So good! I have an allergy friendly version for you that can be made gluten free, peanut free, tree nut free, egg free, soy free and if you have a favorite dairy free ice cream and dairy alternative – dairy free as well! When subbing dairy often times, the dairy sub will contain or potentially contain cross-contamination from other allergens, and so that is why I haven’t labeled it dairy free. If you know of a dairy alternative that is top 8 free, drop a comment and let me know!
This is a very forgiving recipe, and really, you could just eyeball the ingredients. Don’t stress over it too much. I got my maraschino cherries at WalMart, but you should be able to find them in most grocery stores. I also used Wilton sprinkles that are top 8 free.
Green Shamrock Shake
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream or dairy alternative
- 2 1/2 cups milk or dairy alternative
- 1/2 tsp mint extract, or more to taste
- 20 drops green food coloring
- whipping cream or dairy alternative
- maraschino cherries garnish
- green decorating sugar sprinkles garnish
Combine the ice cream, milk, mint and food coloring in a blender, and blend til smooth. Pour into serving glasses and top with whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry on top.